This past weekend, my BF and 5 of our friends headed up to Deep Creek Lake for the long weekend. Deep Creek Lake is about 4 hours (with traffic) northwest of Washington, DC. We found the house we rented on vacationrentals.com. We rented a beautiful 4 bedroom house, with a hot tub, for 4 days and 3 nights for a little over $600 dollars total…. pretty rockin’ if you ask me! We divided that by 7 and everyone pitched in for food.
Friday, my BF and I worked until 2 and then met at the metro. We packed the night before and thus were ready to go!
The traffic wasn’t too bad on our way out of DC. We did a bit of traffic going up I-270 and when we first got onto I-70. The BF got a nice nap in and I jammed out. I personally love driving. It always gives me time to think… for whatever reason, it’s my “me” time.
About half way through our road trip, the sky started to get awfully dark. I could tell we were in for a really big storm. I actually love driving through storms, so I wasn’t too concerned, but I was hoping my little Jetta would make it through. She had a tough time on those hills… minivans and even student drivers were flying past me. She just didn’t have that extra push.
The storm was pretty intense, but thankfully there was no hail! On the other side of the storm, it was beautiful and the air was so crisp and clean. The BF and I even pulled over to take a few pictures.
Once we got to the house, it was PAR-TAY time…. ok, not really, but we were so excited to see our friends and to get settled in. Here’s a quick recap of our weekend…
- Settling in
- Create your own pizza night
- Hot Tub
- Biscuits, bacon, and eggs for breakfast
- Burgers for dinner
- The Hangover 2 (Don’t waste your money)
- Waffles and fruit salad for breakfast
- Lots of lounging
- Super yummy snack… Pepperoni Cobblestone Bread (used pepperoni instead of bacon and no ranch) and Cowboy Caviar
- Game of Clue
- Putt-Putt round 2
- Salmon, orzo with roasted vegetables, and angle food cake for dinner
- Bridesmaids (2nd time I’ve seen it… you’ve got to see it)
- Eggs, monkey bread, cinnamon rolls for breakfast
- cleaning up
- heading out
- outlets in Hagerstown, MD
- relaxing with my baby at home
We truly had a wonderful up at Deep Creek Lake. If you haven’t rented a house with a group of friends yet, I highly recommend it. It was just a great time to get away, visit a new town, and spend quality time with great friends! I can’t wait to do this again!