I’ve gone back and forth on how to write this post.
I’m not sure if it’s the fact that I’ve been home sick for 3 days, that my hormones are crazy this TOM, or that I’ve just been thinking a lot but I feel the need to be honest about a few things…. and I’m hoping some of you can relate.
- I struggle with self image and accepting complements from others.
- It’s hard for me to remember how far I’ve come. I often forget that I lost 53 pounds back in 06-07. Instead I focus on the weight I gained back (down to just 10 pounds now) and how much more I want to lose.
- I have really good days where I plan out my meals and use moderation and then I have really bad days where I overindulge and overeat.
- I enjoy lazy days! I love hanging out at home (as long as I have things to do), drinking a big cup of coffee, watching TV, surfing the web, and hanging out with friends.
- I don’t have the urge to work out every day. Incorporating workouts into my weekly calendar helps me to get to the gym. It’s all about routine for me. I’ll be the first to admit that I struggle to go to the gym and even with a routine I still struggle.
- I never regret going to the gym or working out. I always leave feeling great! Now if I could just get to a point where working out is something I just can’t get enough of.
- I go to Target some days even though I don’t need anything and still manage to spend money. I need to work on saving more money.
- I love reading blogs, but sometimes I get insecure because of where I’m at and where others are.
Sometimes it’s easy to paint a pretty picture, and I do have an absolutely beautiful life, but I want to be real with the things I struggle with and the things I am working on. I have some great goals and am working towards them, one day at a time. My BF is great at helping me to focus on my accomplishments and I am learning to not be so hard on myself. So here are some positives….
- Since September 2010, I have lost 12 pounds
- I rejoined a gym in January 2011
- I’m back to Spin
- This year, I started a blog!!
- I am learning to have at least half of my meals be made up of fruits or veggies
- I am half way done with my Masters degree, graduating in May 2012
- I am dating a wonderful man and am so happy!
Life is about learning from where you’ve been, remembering how you’ve grown, and taking each day one step at a time. I am grateful for where I’ve come from and I’m excited about where I’m going. I do struggle with different insecurities, exercise and dieting, and seeing how far I’ve come but I’m learning.