Are you ever consumed by the number you see on the scale? Do you weigh yourself weekly, daily, even twice a day to see how your weight has fluctuated? Are you elated when the number goes down and discouraged when the number goes up?
So much affects our body weight on a daily basis. Eating a lot of salt the day before, drinking lots of water, drinking too little water, having just finished a meal, not eating enough food, and consuming lots of fiber are just a few things that seem to affect what my scale says.
The best way to see how your body weight has changed is to see how it changes over a long period of time. Have you ever thought of weighing yourself just once a month or just once a year (on your birthday for example)? Why are we so attached to our bathroom scales?
This summer, I’m going scaleless!
From June 21-September 22 I will not step on my scale. My goal of course is to continue to lose weight, but also to not get discouraged if my weight fluctuates from week to week. Yesterday I weighed in at 217 lbs.
- Continue to plan out my meals for the week ahead on Sundays
- Utilize what I have in my pantry, minimizing what I purchase at the grocery store
- Have a least half of my plate at each meal consist of fruits or vegetables
- Use moderation when eating, especially when eating my favorite foods (ice cream, pizza, peanut butter)
- Workout 4-5 times a week
- Do not weigh myself
- Lose 15-20 pounds (the summer is roughly 13 weeks long)
- I would just about die if I got below 200 pounds!!
- Enjoy every bit of this summer
- Learn more about myself and what life is like without a bathroom scale
Will you take this challenge? Will you go scaleless this summer?