I was a good girl and went to bed at 10PM last night! Woop Woop! I even fought the urge to watch an episode of Friends and went straight to bed instead. When my alarm went off at 4:45AM this morning I was alert and ready to conquer the day… until I realized it was 4:45AM. Instead of crawling back into bed though, I changed right into my gym clothes and made a yummy bowl of oatmeal. I have really been enjoying eating oatmeal this week and adding protein powder and peanut butter to my bowl has taken each breakfast to a whole new level.
I was out the door by 5:15AM and caught the metro train at 5:30AM. I finished Carrots ‘N’ Cake while I was on the metro and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. Tina is extremely honest in her book and I could relate to a lot of what she shared.
- With a busy schedule, I often find myself trying to “squeeze” a workout into my day… instead I need to make working out a priority.
- The winter months can be tough as there is little sun and I sometimes feel down in the dumps. Working out and spending time with people I love during the winter helps me to stay upbeat even though the daylight and sunlight are limited. Although I don’t have a dog, like Tina, I can’t wait to have one some day.
- I too have a peanut butter obsession… I have to keep it out of the house but I’m learning to have more self control.
- I have had to grow in my self-confidence, learning to love more and more about myself with each passing year.
I arrived at the gym at 6:25AM, just in time for the 6:30AM spin class. I was really looking forward to seeing my favorite instructor but sadly he wasn’t there. Today’s instructor was OK, but I definitely enjoyed his playlist. I burned 853 calories today, which was great for a 50 minute class!
After spin class I determined that I had TOTALLY earned an iced coffee, so I walked up the street to Starbucks before heading into work. The work day was great, though it seemed to go by slowly. After work I headed straight home and totally knocked out while riding the metro. There’s just something about the swaying train that puts me right to sleep some days. I was even doing the head bob thing and jolted myself awake a few times. I’m sure the people around me were laughing.
Tonight for dinner I combined some leftover whole wheat pasta with the Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken that I had made on Monday. I had planned on making couscous tonight, but I’m trying to be good about using up my leftovers.
It’s a super early bedtime for me tonight as I’m going to another spin class in the morning. Today in Self Magazine I read that sleep is one of the keys to physical recovery. A full nights rest is shown to aid in the reduction of soreness caused by working out. Yet another reason to get 8 full hours of sleep each night!
How many hours of sleep do you get each night? How many hours of sleep to you need in order to feel rested?
I love getting 8-9 hours of sleep! It leaves me feeling revived and refreshed. I also love waking up without an alarm. 7:30AM tends to be my internal alarm clock, so any morning that allows me to sleep until then is pretty rocking awesome!
My plan for tomorrow looks like this:
- Spin class
- Quick trip to Target for some hurricane supplies (water, batteries, uno)
- Graduate work
- Fantasy football draft number 2
- Redskins football!!!
Looks to be a pretty AWESOME and busy day!! Happy Thursday!