The air is crisp and the sun is out… I don’t think I could ask for more! Lately the weather has been a tad spring like, which is nice in the spring but I really want fall to be here and to stick around for awhile. Today in DC there is a strong breeze and it’s just beautiful. Can’t wait to make it out to the farmers market in a bit!
So who doesn’t love sugar cookies? I’ve been feeling festive so I whipped up a batch of these babies.
Halloween Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Buttercream frosting
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Black sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
- To create a glaze, place half of the jar of frosting into a microwave safe bowl. Follow your food dye’s instructions for creating the color orange. I placed 4 drops of red and 12 drops of yellow into the frosting and mixed thoroughly.
It was a great girls night out and I hope to do it again some time!
Well laundry is done, so I’m off to do some folding and then enjoy this awesome weather! Today Neal and I are going to the farmers market, checking out a wedding venue (AHHH) and then watching the Iowa game! Tomorrow we have a 7 mile run, woop woop!
Have a fantastic Saturday everyone!!
Filed under: Events
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!