As I shared yesterday, I’ve been thinking a lot about my daily calorie burn. Thankfully, this month’s issue of Prevention magazine offered 100 examples of ways to up our calorie burn.
Little Change, Big Impact
- Hide your remote control. This will get you up and off the couch every time you want to change the channel
- When unloading your groceries, bring bags inside in small trips rather than in one big haul
- Walk around your home or neighborhood when you’re on the phone
- Turn on tunes and dance while you’re cooking!
Feeling the Burn at Work
- Keep a small glass of water, that way you have to walk to the water cooler more often to fill up your water bottle
- Stand up each time you talk on the phone
- Walk during your lunch hour (this is what I need to start doing asap! I’ve got to leave my desk during lunch)
- Swap your desk chair for a stability ball (I’ve HIGHLY been considering this for a while now)
Out and About
- Stand on the train instead of sitting down!
- If you’re only buying a few things, skip the cart and carry basket. To make it tougher, do bicep curls each time you add something to your basket
- When you’re in a shopping center, walk to stores instead of driving to each one
- Plan active dates with significant others or with friends. Instead of grabbing dinner, grab coffee to go and go for a walk
What changes can you make to your daily activities in order to increase your calorie burn?
Filed under: Weight Loss
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!