While searching for a steel cut oats recipe, I came across an Iowa Girl Eats recipe that I had been wanting to try for a while… White Chili! I modified the recipe a little bit and created Weight Watchers friendly Green-Chili Chili.
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 2 sweet onions, chopped
– 2 TBSP minced garlic
– 1/2 TBSP ground cumin
– 1 4.5 ounce can chopped green chilies
– 4 whole jalapenos, pickled, minced (I like it hot, though the soup turned out mild)
– 1 rotisserie chicken, remove meat and shred
– 1 can northern beans, drained and rinsed
– 3 cups chicken broth
– 1/2 TBSP oregano
– salt & pepper
– 1 1/2 TBSP green Tabasco sauce
– 1/4 cup fat free half and half
– 1 TBSP corn starch
With my iPad in hand and my ingredients laid out, I headed into the kitchen and started to cook!
1. In a large pot, saute onions in oil on medium low heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cumin, and stir until fragrant.
2. Add all ingredients from green chilies to Tabasco sauce into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Stir corn starch and milk together, add to pot and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes until thickened.
** while the chili was cooking, I prepared the cornbread according to the box directions. Man of man was this good cornbread!
Today’s Meal Plan
Breakfast – Cinnamon steel cut oats, blackberries, 1/4 cup of cranberries and tea
Lunch – Ham and cheese sandwich, hummus, broccoli, and carrots
Snacks – banana and granola bar
Dinner – Green Chili Chili ( the last of it… sadness) and jalapeno cornbread
Today’s Workout Plan (#20daychallenge)
30 minutes on treadmill and 15 minutes on stairmaster
Weight Watchers Update — Week 6 Results
Starting Weight: 229.4 pounds
Week 6 Results: gained .4 pounds (point 4)
Total Weight Loss: -1.8 pounds (227.6)
The reality with Weight Watchers is, I haven’t been strict in regards to counting my points. I count my points about 80% of the day (breakfast, lunch and snacks) but then get lax when it comes to dinner. Things are just so up in the air each night… am I going out with friends? Are Neal and I hanging out? Will I be too tired to cook? Will I change my mind in regards to what I want to eat? Will I overeat or binge?
I need and want to get strict. I want to follow the Weight Watchers plan 100%, not just 80% of the time. I want to lose more weight and stop teeter tottering between 228 pounds and 227 pounds. Here are my concerns for this next Weight Watchers week…
|Wednesday||Getting my workout in (busy day)|
|Thursday||Going out to dinner with friends|
|Friday||Going out to dinner with Neal|
|Saturday||Neal’s Birthday (dinner)|
|Sunday||Catering tasting and Neal’s birthday party|
The reality is, life will always be filled with events so it’s a matter of creating a plan and following through with it. I need to create a plan each day for how I can tackle each hurdle and then work hard to achieve my goals. I can do this! I want to lose weight!