Whole Living Detox Day 7: What’s Your Song?

Saturday night, Neal and I started to talk about our wedding music and the songs we’d like to dance to. It was so fun talking about the songs we love and the songs that remind of us of each other. We haven’t decided yet, but here are a few of the songs we like.

If you’re married, what did you dance to for your first dance?  If you’re not married, is there a song you just love?

All of the talk about music also got us talking about the number one song from the day we were born.  This website allows your search for your song by your birthday, which is awesome!  Neal and I were cracking up over our songs.

Neal – Babe by Styx

Ashley – I Just Called to Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder

Dad – Love Me Tender by Elvis

Mom – Theme from “A Summer’s Place” by Percy Faith

Paul (Brother) – Rock me Amadeus by Falco hahaha!  What is this song?

Chris (Brother) – Any Day In Paradise by Phil Collins

Alison (sister) – That’s the Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson

The song that reminds my Mom of the day I was born – Hard Habit to Break by Chicago

What was the number one song when you were born?

Whole Living Action Plan Week 2: January 9-15

Week 2 of Whole Living’s detox incorporates fish, legumes, and soy back into your diet.  I’m really excited about adding fish back in as it’s a wonderful source of protein, omega 3’s and other vital nutrients!

“With boosted energy and a renewed sense of self, you’ll start this week off eager to feel even better and experiment with more nutrient-rich, whole foods. Adding high-quality protein back into your diet makes it easier to conquer cravings.” – Whole Living

What You’re Adding Back in Week 2: seafood, beans and lentils, and organic soy

What to ExpectYou’ll have an increased awareness of how your body reacts to each meal. Eat just enough to feel satisfied, not stuffed.

By the Week’s End: Your appetite and usual cravings are likely decreasing. You’re sleeping better and feeling happy you made the choice to change

Week 2 Groceries

• Fresh Pineapple
  • Fresh Kale
  • Beet Salad
  • 2 Avocados
  • Fingerling Potatoes
  • Veggies Sausage (for another week)
  • Acorn Squash
  • Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup
  • Black Bean soup
  • Garbanzo Beans
  • Black Beans
  • Cannellini Beans
  • Pinto Beans
  • Bourbon Vanilla (for another week– steel cut oats anyone?)
  • Trader Joe’s Body Cleanse (I’ll be sharing about this tomorrow)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Day 7 Food Log (Sunday, January 8)

Breakfast: Chocolate Banana Coffee Smoothie (1 frozen banana, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 packet of via coffee, almond milk, 8 cubs of ice) @ 8:00AM

“Snack”:  Wedding Cake Tasting @ 11:00

Lunner: Fig and Balsamic Blues Pizza @ Mad Fox Brewing Company.  This place was FANTASTIC!! One of my new favorite restaurants.  My meal was not a part of the detox, but it was nice to enjoy some pizza and to be able to return back to my detox afterwards. @ 3:30PM

Comments

1. Cara @ I don't believe in diets says

My first dance song was “the first day of my life” by bright eyes. I knew it would be after the first time I heard it. Hah

Greg and I chose “There’s Water Over You” by Colin Hay for our song. It has a very special meaning to us- as he is mutually one of our favorite artists (he is the singer from Men at Work and has an incredible solo career). Seriously- look up this song on You Tube. It’s so beautiful!
    I also love the song “I’d Die Without You” by PM Dawn, and that was my second choice. :)
    Before our wedding, we practiced dancing to at least one slow song every night after dinner- we would dance to our song, and many others, either in our kitchen or on our patio. I loved it. We actually got really good and were pretty impressive with dips and twirls by the time our wedding day came. I LOVED practicing and highly recommend it!

Yay for week two!! Aren’t you so glad you have made it this far! so proud! I can’t wait to read how this week is going to go. Especially with “sleeping better.” The more you do this, the more I am interested in trying it.
    I totally going to age myself right now. The number one song the day I was born was, “Laughter in the Rain by Neil Sedake.” 1975. I have no idea who that is….at all.
    Have a great day!!

I’m feeling great so far! I’ve been bad about going to bed at a reasonable time, so I really need to work on that. Still though, I’m feeling light and energized!

Isn’t it fun t see your song? I love it!

Such a cool website! The song for my bday is “Girl I’m Gonna Miss You” by Milli Vanilli [never heard it]… My fiance and I haven’t talked much about songs yet but I’ve always wanted to have “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison play because my dad used to sing it to me when I was youger :)

Welcome to coffee cake and cardio!! You totally gave me goosebumps when I read about your father/daughter dance. I love it! When are you getting married?

maybe i need to be doing your detox! i’ve been sleeping terrrrribly. always. really though, it’s because i sleep with a loud breather/snorer and he wakes me up!

we haven’t decided on our song yet but his mom wants us to do at last, also. we’ll get married 1 day before our 6 year ‘dating anniversary’ and she’s been hoping for a wedding since year 1! :) i also really like that rascal flatts song – so beautiful!

6. Alison says

I’m not married but my first day wiling to “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by The Darkness. Mommy said that you should look at Dixie Chicks songs for you and dad.

I’m not married but I really want my first dance to be to “All I Ask Of You” from the Phantom of the Opera.

And sometimes you just need pizza! Good luck with this week of the detox!

Congrats on your detox success! I usually only last a few days when I attempt to detox.
    Hubby and I danced to “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King for our first dance. It’s always been a favorite of mine and was a great compromise for a husband that doesn’t dig dancing or being the cener of attention…it’s only a 3 minute song!