I had to start off by showing y’all this video! It is SO funny! “Do I have back fat?”
I am also excited to share that I lost 2 pounds on week 2pod the Whole Living detox! Having gained 5 pounds over the holidays, it feels great to have lost 4. 4 pounds in my first two weeks of the detox. I’m a little nervous about how adding gluten-free grains back into my diet will affect my weight loss, but I know that whole grains are good and I just need to watch my portions.
After Weight Watchers I headed over to Cycle Studio in Alexandria for Ripped Revolution Cycle. RR is a 75 minute class in which we spin for 45 minutes, stretch for 15 minutes and then do strength training for 15 minutes. I broke quite the sweat during spin, really focusing on not bouncing while spinning. In order to do this, you really have to stabilize your core and only use your legs to turn the wheels. Tough work! The stretching afterwards was fantastic but the strength part kicked my butt!! Lots of pushups, squats, blurpees, one legged blurpees and abs work. It was very tough and non stop for 15 minutes!
Yesterday I also saw an awesome 20 questions post on Meals and Moves and thought I’d give it a go…
1. What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
- Sleeping until 7:30AM
- Drinking coffee
- Spending time outside
2. List your top three favorite TV shows
- The Biggest Loser
- Grey’s Anatomy
3. Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
- Taking them! I don’t mind being in pictures, but I just love being behind the camera.
4. Why do you blog?
- I love being able to share my experiences and my story. I’ve also meet some amazing people through blogging and love learning from others.
5. Share five websites that you visit regularly…
6. If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
- Jillian Michaels
7. List a few of your favorite snacks
- Cheese and an apple
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
- I had a beautiful peagle named Ellie but felt it was best for her to be with a family when I started grad school. She was the sweetest dog and didn’t deserve to be home alone all the time. I miss her dearly and try not to regret my decision to give her up for adoption.
9. Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
- All of my photos
- Garmin Forerunner
- Vera Bradley Bag
10. What’s your favorite drink? (I’m going to give you 3)
- Cherry Pepsi (which I NEVER have)
- Harpoon’s UFO beer
- Dirty Palmer
11. Do you enjoy cooking?
12. Do you have children?
- Not yet, but I pray that my children are like this kid!
13. What are your favorite hobbies?
- Throwing the discus and the hammer
- Watching sports (football, baseball, and basketball — in that order)
14. Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
15. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
- I would have no hair on my legs, that way I wouldn’t have to shave. Ok, ok, I’d change a few other things too. I’m not that shallow. I’d be a more patient person.
16. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- This is a tough one… I’m not too sure.
17. What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
- I made a kale smoothie. I know, I’m wild!
18. Do you live near your family or far from them?
- My family is in Texas, so I’m far away. It’s tough. I wish I could be with them all of the time.
19. List three of your talents
- I can make this wicked awesome seagull noise
- I am uber strong (Texas State Powerlifting Champion back in 2002) and threw the discus and hammer at a D1 University
- Connecting and helping college students in their transitions throughout college and beyond (my career, career)
20. What is your greatest attribute?
- I love being a giving and serving person.
Day 13 Food Log
Pre-Workout- Coffee and biscotti from Buzz Bakery
Breakfast- Strawberry, banana, peach smoothie
Lunch- Lentils with green tobasco sauce and fresh pineapple
Dinner- Carrots, pearl onions and marinara sauce topped with Parmesan cheese (I ate too much last night)
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!