Whole Living Detox Day 18: Life Management

Life is crazy busy these days y’all.  Go, go, go.  Work, work, work.  Read, read, read.  Write, write, write.  I should just apologize now because I have a feeling y’all will be reading about my stress levels and work load a lot over the next month and a half.  So how do I manage it all?  How do I keep my stress levels down with things are so busy?

1.  WORK OUT!  Working out is a huge part of my stress management and owning a part of my day.  It is hard to keep my midday workouts on the calendar when things are crazy, so working out before work is key.  In the same way, I’m pooped after work and with graduate work and wedding planning on the brain, working out after work isn’t ideal.  I have found that I have to rotate my workout routine depending on the time of year and my work level… and right now, AM workouts are best.

2.  Create to do lists

3.  Stay organized.  Currently I have three Vera Bradley notebooks (they have to be cute since I’m using them every day), one for work, one for my 2 graduate classes and capstone project, and one for my wedding.

4.  Laugh!  Laughing is so important, if not, you’ll just get overwhelmed and down.  Thankfully I’m around happy people all day who love their jobs and I have an amazing Fiance to come home to.  I also don’t know what I’d do without my daily talks with my mom and sister.  Laughing is uber important!

5.  Look ahead to the future to organize yourself but take things one day at a time.

6.  Plan celebrations dinner and getaways for after you complete something big!  After finishing my capstone, I’m going away for a weekend getaway with my bridesmaids and after I graduate from grad school I’m buying an iPhone.  Rewarding myself is key to stress management.

What helps you when your life is busy?

Day 18 Food Log

Breakfast- Red “White” and Blueberry smoothie @ 7AM (439 Calories)

Made with blueberries, banana, strawberries, protein powder, and coconut water.

Lunch- Tomato soup and 1/2 of my quinoa, pea, and shrimp “salad” @ 12:30PM (340 calories)

Snacks- Cashews and banana @ 4:30PM (300 calories)

Dinner- Mexican Scrambled Eggs @ 8:00PM (280 calories)

I consumed 1359 calories, which was right on target considering I didn’t workout yesterday.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Comments

Amen for destressing! Life became a wee bit chaotic when I went back to work and as much as I tried, I couldn’t balance family, friends, work, fitness and running the household…not to mention sleep! As hard as I tried, something always came up short, and it wad usually housework. I finally hired someone to come in once a week because I refuse to sacrifice time with people I love to mop a floor. Best.Decision. Ever.

Sleep is one around I need to improve upon. It’s too easy for me to stay up late working on stuff when really i should hit the hay by 10:30PM.

I think it’s great that you have someone coming to help out with housework. My Mom always said, we can’t do it all so we have to know when to ask for help or when to give up something that we don’t need to control. Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen are things I’d be happy to give up.

I started 3rd semester in Seminary class this past Monday….I can already see/feel a difference in my stress levels. This list is pretty on target as to what I try to use to destress myself. Especially #4! I try to laugh everyday! I especially love to make people laugh. As funny as it is, I agree with Katie…I LOVE to clean when I am stressed. In the summer, it’s push mowing the lawn. Two things at once! Exercise and destressing.
    Mexican Egg scramble looks amazing!
    Have a great Friday!!

Just writing everything down and making a list makes me feel better!
    Right now I’m going through one of those crazy times in life because of the semester change at school. My job is a lot more stressful during these few weeks where we wrap things up with fall semester and prepare to get a whole new batch of kids next week. I work really well under pressure though- I just have to rid myself of distractions.
    These are also the times where working out is the most important to me. It feels so good to blow off that steam at the end of the day!

Oh my goodness girl, you are on fire! My eats are like McDonalds Big Macs compared to yours. LOVE IT!!!! I’m a list/notebook fanatic too. I make lists of my lists. Whatever keeps you organized.

lol— I’m just like you, list of my lists.

I’m grateful my body has adjusted to this style of eating. Now lets just see if I can lose some weight :)

I’m so impressed by your organization! I am a list maker fanatic. There is something that brings me so much pleasure when I get to cross something off! I think #3 is especially important. Two thumbs up on how well you are managing your life!

Love your life management ideas. =) Gotta stay grounded and keep yourself in check, I agree! I am a HUGE list maker. Sometimes so much it drives me insane, but I need lists, and notebooks, and binders….we are very much alike. I have a wedding binder tabbed wedding parts and with notebook paper and invoices and all that jazz. Love vera bradley….they are great for keeping life in check. I got a binder, notebook, folder kit for christmas in Hello Dahlia! Love it.

Also those Mexican scrambled eggs look AMAZING!!! I am going to have to bust those out with my egg beaters!

Happy Friday Ashley! Hugs your way from dirty Jers!

First time at your site and I’m intrigued by your “Whole Living Detox”! It sounds awesome.

Oh, and I had to check out those journals…they looked fantastic. I’m such an organizational nerd.