Life is crazy busy these days y’all. Go, go, go. Work, work, work. Read, read, read. Write, write, write. I should just apologize now because I have a feeling y’all will be reading about my stress levels and work load a lot over the next month and a half. So how do I manage it all? How do I keep my stress levels down with things are so busy?
1. WORK OUT! Working out is a huge part of my stress management and owning a part of my day. It is hard to keep my midday workouts on the calendar when things are crazy, so working out before work is key. In the same way, I’m pooped after work and with graduate work and wedding planning on the brain, working out after work isn’t ideal. I have found that I have to rotate my workout routine depending on the time of year and my work level… and right now, AM workouts are best.
2. Create to do lists
3. Stay organized. Currently I have three Vera Bradley notebooks (they have to be cute since I’m using them every day), one for work, one for my 2 graduate classes and capstone project, and one for my wedding.
4. Laugh! Laughing is so important, if not, you’ll just get overwhelmed and down. Thankfully I’m around happy people all day who love their jobs and I have an amazing Fiance to come home to. I also don’t know what I’d do without my daily talks with my mom and sister. Laughing is uber important!
5. Look ahead to the future to organize yourself but take things one day at a time.
6. Plan celebrations dinner and getaways for after you complete something big! After finishing my capstone, I’m going away for a weekend getaway with my bridesmaids and after I graduate from grad school I’m buying an iPhone. Rewarding myself is key to stress management.
What helps you when your life is busy?
Day 18 Food Log
Breakfast– Red “White” and Blueberry smoothie @ 7AM (439 Calories)
Made with blueberries, banana, strawberries, protein powder, and coconut water.
Lunch– Tomato soup and 1/2 of my quinoa, pea, and shrimp “salad” @ 12:30PM (340 calories)
Snacks– Cashews and banana @ 4:30PM (300 calories)
Dinner– Mexican Scrambled Eggs @ 8:00PM (280 calories)
I consumed 1359 calories, which was right on target considering I didn’t workout yesterday.
Happy Friday everyone!!