Last week, Lynne from L.G.Smash asked me to share on my blog seven things about myself. I have a love/hate relationship with activities like this. I think they’re so fun to read but can actually be a little challenging to write. None the less, I hope y’all enjoy this!
1. My senior year of high school, I was the state champion in powerlifing. Powerlifting is a sport in which you compete to see who lifts the most in 3 lifts, squat, bench, and deadlift. At the state championships I squatted 400 pounds, benched 200 pounds and deadlifted 395 pounds. I was 5 pounds short of breaking 1000 pounds total, but I was extremely proud of myself. I sometimes hope to get back into powerlifting, but we’ll see.
2. I’m half British. My father was born and raised (for the most part) in Cornwall, England. Half of my relatives still live there actually and I love being able to visit them. My British heritage is something that I treasure and I hope to pass many of the traditions down to my own children.
OMG, am I only on number 3? I have moved 13 different times in my 27 years, so far. This does not include moves within a city. For instance, since living back here in the DC area, I have moved 5 times. Here’s the timeline — Texas, Florida, Virginia, Florida, Germany, Rhode Island, Texas, Alabama, Virginia, Mississippi, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, and now, Virginia.
4. I have 3 amazing siblings: Paul, Christopher, and Alison.
5. I want to adopt a westie more than y’all know! I also love corgies, but for some reason I’ve always wanted a westie!
6. I am marrying my best friend in a little over 5 months! I am excited about the wedding but I am soooo excited about moving in together and being able to come home to Neal each night. It’s so exciting.
7. I love rap music, any music for that matter. Music is amazing because in my opinion, there is a song for every moment in life and if it doesn’t exist, well someone will write it.
Favorite pandora station of the moment — Hall and Oates (which isn’t rap btw)
Have a wonderful and happy Sunday!!!!
Filed under: Day to Day
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!