As I get back to the locker room after a workout, I take off my Garmin forerunner, turn off Pandora, and unplug myself from my iPod or iPad. Can you even imagine working out without all these gadgets these days?
Back in high school I remember carrying my cd player around the gym, dropping it on many occasions. When the ipod came into my life, my workouts forever changed. Buying individual songs, creating playlists… it was awesome! Creating playlists rocks for many reasons…
- You can choose songs that are up beat and will pump you up
- You can create a list to be a certain length (creating a 40 minute workout for example)
- You can change your playlist after each workout, bringing variety to your workouts
Current workout playlist: Winter Jams 2012
- Stupid For Your Love by Brendan James
- I Like It Like That by Hot Chelle Rae
- Domino by Jessie J
- You Da One by Rhianna
- Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO
- Glad You Came by The Wanted
- It Girl by Jason Derulo
- This City by Patrick Stump
- Tonight Is The Night by Outasight
Ashley’s Top Ten Workout Songs of All Time
- My Chick Bad by Ludacris and Nicki Minaj
- We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel
- Sure Thing by Miguel
- P.Y.T by Michael Jackson
- People Everyday by Arrested Development
- Tears Dry On Their Own by Amy Winehouse
- Fast Car (Fugee Remix) by Wyclef Jean
- Bennie and the Jets by Elton John
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!
- Shimmer by Fuel
I usually end up repeating You Da One about 4 times, but am loving this playlist. Glad You Came is my new favorite, just bought it on iTunes last night! That’s what I love about today’s technology, you can always be adding songs to your playlist and changing things up! My other favorite love is Pandora!! Oh how I love how it knows what I want to listen to, based on my choice of one artist (aka radio station).
Favorite Pandora stations
- Hall and Oates Radio (My favorite station at the moment)
- Queen Radio (My all time favorite)
- 50 Cent Radio
- Lady Gaga Radio
- Fuel Radio
- Billy Joel Radio
- Matchbox Twenty Radio
- Dierks Bentley Radio
- Brad Paisley Radio
While training for a half marathon back in 2010 with Team in Training, I learned that I can definitely train and workout without music playing, but man was it tough at first. Listing to music pumps me up, gets me into a zone, and quite often helps the time to go by.
Do you listen to music while you workout out? What’s on your playlist?
Filed under: Working Out
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!