When times are tough or life is extra busy, it’s easy to lose sight of all I have to be grateful for. It’s easy to become bogged down, overwhelmed, and honestly, a grump. It’s not easy to take the focus off of the negative, but once you do, it can give your life a “gratitude boost”.
So how can you shift your thoughts to focus on the positive and to give yourself a gratitude boost?
- Make a list of all the things you’re grateful for
- Make a list of all the little things you’re grateful for (like pinterest)
- Send an e-mail to a friend or loved one, thanking them for the impact they make on your life
- Volunteer. Giving your time to people in need will help you to be more grateful for the life you live.
- Workout! Breaking a sweat is a great way to change your attitude and to focus on the positive. Before you start burning those calories though, set a tone for your workout, creating a mantra for the day. “I am grateful for all I have been given”.
- Watch a funny movie. Laughing can help you to focus on the positive.
- Post sticky notes around the house of things you’re grateful for. These are awesome reminders of all the wonderful things we have in our lives.
Despite all that is going on right now, I have SO much to be grateful for.
1. My loving and giving fiance, Neal. I don’t know what I’d do without his support! He is extremely patient with me and loves me more than I knew I could be loved.
2. My family. They always know how to lift my spirits. They know me so well and I am grateful for each one of them (Dad, Mom, Paul, Chris, and Alison… and Zoe).
3. I am two classes and a capstone away from finishing my Masters degree. In three months, I will have my degree!
4. OMG, I am getting married!! I am SO grateful and I can not wait to live with my best friend. We have so many dreams and plans and I can’t wait to continue this journey with Neal.
5. I am grateful for my friends across the globe. My family in England, friends in Germany, and loved ones across the US! Special shout out to my bridesmaids; Melissa in Boston, Stephanie and Alison in San Antonio, and Becky here in DC.
6. Blogging! I love blogging. It’s hard to believe that Coffee, Cake and Cardio isn’t even a year old yet, but it has changed my life for the better. I love all of the people I have met through blogging and enjoy sharing my life with y’all each and every day.
7. I am grateful for my job, career, and the mentoring I receive each and every day. I love what I do!
8. I am grateful for the material items I’ve been given. My apartment, my car, my computer, etc. I really am grateful for these things and know that I’m lucky to have them.
9. I am grateful for being able to workout! I love a good sweat and know that I’ve been blessed with the ability to life heavy and to push my body.
10. I am so thankful for my dreams and how they push me! It can be hard to live in the moment, but during these busy times, dreaming helps to push me onward.
Today’s Meal Plan
Breakfast– 1 chobani, 1 cup of peanut butter cheerios, 1 large iced coffee with half and half, and 1 banana (405 calories)
Lunch– 1 veggie patty (found these at Costco this weekend), 1 onion hamburger roll, 2 cups spinach, and 2 tbsp lite caesar dressing (414 calories)
Dinner– Valentine’s Day (Eve) date night with my honey. I’m really excited about tonight as he’s surprising me. I always love Neal’s surprises. Much like last Columbus Day.
Workout– 60 minutes of Cycle Abs (burned 725 calories according to My Fitness Pal)