Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

A week ago, while in West Virginia with my bridesmaids, I was once again suckered into watching the Jillian Michaels’ Body Revolution infomercial.  Little did I know that my dear blogger friend, Kristyn, was considering buying it too.  As soon as I saw Kristyn’s tweet about the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, I knew we had to do it.  A few tweets later I was online buying the program.

Kristyn and I met through my blog and have been virtual friends ever since.  Kristyn and I are both July brides (July 7 for me and July 14 for her) so we are both highly motivated to be in great shape for our weddings and honeymoons.  Could I do this program alone?  Sure, but I’m SO excited to have someone doing it with me!

The box finally arrived yesterday, a week after I ordered it.  The program costs about $130 but to me, it’s worth it.  That’s the cost of about 2 personal training sessions at a gym… and I’ll have Jillian all the time now.

The package includes 15 DVDs, a 7 day kickstart program, a 90 day meal program book, a fitness book, a resistance band, and a few other goodies (ie, bookmark).

I will be doing the Body Revolution program for the next 90 days (90 day program including the kickstart program), taking me from March 27 to June 25, 12 days before my wedding!  Along side each day’s Body Revolution DVD I will also integrate in personal workouts such as spin, track workouts, and strength workouts.  My top priority is to do the Body Revolution workout each day but I also don’t want to forgo my other fitness commitments.

I will be weighting in every Monday and will take my measurements every 30 days.

Heaviest weight (Fall 2006)- 261 pounds

Starting weight (March 26, 2012) – 229.4 pounds

Body measurements (March 26, 2012)

Neck 16 inches
Biceps 14 ½ inches
Bust 47 inches
Waist 43 inches
Abdomen 46 inches
Hips 48 inches
Quad (standing) 25 ½ inches
Calf (standing) 16 inches

My Goals

• Follow the Body Revolution fitness program, doing the assigned DVD each day
  • Log my calories into My Fitness Pal, sticking to my calorie goal each day
  • Blog each week about my experience (look for it every Monday)
  • Lose some weight — I don’t want to set a number goal as I have no idea what my body will do

This Week

Body Revolution Workout Other Workout
Tuesday Workout 1 None
Wednesday Workout 2 Spin
Thursday Cardio 1 Spin
Friday Workout 1 None
Saturday Workout 2 None
Sunday Cardio 1 None

This morning’s workout was fantastic, focusing on shoulders, triceps, biceps, chest, abs, and quads. The 30 minutes flew by and I ended the workout feeling energized and strong.  I do not have  an outside workout planned for today, but I may do the cardio DVD tonight if there’s time.

Neal and I are taking our professional engagement photos today, yay!  We’ll be taking photos on the metro train, at Nationals baseball park, and in Old Town Alexandria.  I can’t wait for y’all to see the photos!

I hope you’ll follow along with me as I take on Jillian’s Body Revolution program.

Comments

Oh my gosh, I’m SO excited for your engagement photos! I was telling Greg about them and how COOL that will be!!! Can’t wait to see them!
    Anyway. I love Jillian. Love her books, workouts, programs, etc. This one looks great! I would love to do something like this, but for me it’s so hard to do a program, because of teaching (6 now!) group exercise classes every week, and it’s hard to work around (and not do TOO much). Glad you liked the first video- I commented on your My Fitness Pal guessing that you did a video (and it sounded like a Jillian workout!!) Good luck with the new plan!! xoxo

I love Jillian! You should check out her podcast on iTunes if you haven’t before – it’s great and you get to know her, while getting motivated!

Hope you like the program :)

3. Maren says

I haven’t seen the infomercial but Jillian is awesome and I know this system will be well worth the $$$!! How perfect that the program will end right before your wedding. It’s seriously meant to be. Good luck. I can’t wait to read about your impression.

4. Lauryn says

This is sooo cool i havent even heard about it!!! This will be awesome for you girl I am sooo excited to see your results and thats so cool you will be done right before your wedding!!! The price is totally worth it if it delivers results! I am super stoked to hear more about this!!

5. Jess says

I am doing bootcamp for the next four weeks then starting Jillian’s body revolution, keep updating us on your progress! I am hoping to be close to my goal weight by the August when my fiancé and I go home for a visit :)

is this a high impact dvd? i was doing insanity for a while and i really liked it but it was killing my knees. I was just wondering if this was high impact on the knees. Lots of jumping?? Please help.

Hey Damara,

I am in week 4 and so far it does not involve a lot of jumping. There is more jumping in the cardio workout than in the strength workouts but it’s my understanding that it does intensify as the months move on. I hope this helps — Ashley

7. Brenda says

I just started week 4 and i have only lost 6 pounds. But i have lost inches. The clothes i havent wore in 2 years are fitting me perfect now. Lets see how this will all end when the 90 days are over.

8. Payal says

Hi Ashley,
    All the best on your best body crusade… nothing like a kicking off the weight before your Super Day.
    Thanks for all the inputs that you have put up on your blog…. I have downloaded the video and hope to start it ASAP.
    I am unable to get it delivered in India, so any inputs from your side would be great.
    let me know if its ok to ask questions :)
    have a super day
    Cheers.
    Payal :)
    Mumbai.

9. Alisa says

Hi there,
    first of all I want to say thank you for doing this.
    I started the body revolution today but have a few questions. Do you follow her diet plan for the program? or do you just log your food on Myfitnesspal and staying under your goal?
    Also are you tracking how many calories you burn during the work out and do you eat those calories back?

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

Hey Alisa! Congratulations on starting the Body Revolution program. I really hope you love it.

As for my diet, I did not start the program following her diet plan. I was tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal but personally I have found that counting calories consumes my brain and I actually make worse choices. Personally I have learned over the years that it’s best to focus on what you’re eating (for instance focusing on the foods Jillian recommends) and then listening to your body to see when you’re hungry and when you’re not. The biggest piece of advice I have is to drink a TON of water. This will make such a huge difference.

With calories burned, I do not track them and take them into consideration with my diet. Personally I think you’re body will need more nutrients when you’re working out but I don’t think eating back what you’re burning is wise. Again, I am NOT a doctor, this is just my personal experience.

So in a nutshell my advice is to follow the list of foods Jillian recommends and to either track your calories or just listen to your body. It’s really whatever works best for you.

Feel free to e-mail me any time!

Trackbacks