I’m a sweater, what can I say? I move a lot, I love to workout, and I honestly love to sweat! Sweating to me is #proof of how hard I’m working, but I have a confession… my right armpit sweats way more than my left armpit! My poor overactive right pit, what am I going to do with it?
Wearing a deodorant that keeps me dry and smells good is very important to me, but to be honest, I’ve never really thought about my underarm skin health/appearance. A few weeks ago, DailyBuzz Healthy Living contacted me and asked me to try out two new Dove deodorants. I love Dove, always have, so I was pretty excited to try out their new deodorants. The New Dove Clear Tone Deodorant “visibly reduces dark marks and evens tone with regular use over time, while providing 24-hour odor and wetness protection.”
I have used these two deodorants this past week and can definitely tell a difference in the condition of my skin. My underarms feel smooth and I love the smell of both deodorants. For me personally though, I quickly learned that I had to use the Clinical Protection Deodorant.
Although the regular Clear Tone Deodorant left my skin feeling smooth, it did not keep me dry and I quickly determined that I needed to switch over to the Clinical Protection Clear Tone Deodorant.
As I’ve shared before, I hate shaving. I’ve just never been a girl who made it part of her daily routine and I don’t know if I ever will. I do however shave my armpits quite often and have a few tips for y’all as you enter the summer months.
- Use warm water when shaving. It’s best to shave your underarms after you’ve showered or towards the end of your shower that way your underarm skin has time to warm up and soften.
- Use a shaving cream or lotion when shaving. Placing the razor directly on your skin WILL CAUSE BUMPS (razor burn).
- Invest in a good razor. I LOVE my razor and learned quickly that it was worth the extra dollars.
- When shaving your underarms, shave in different directions. The tip that was given to me was to shave as if you’re drawing an asterisk (if that makes any sense). Underarm hair grows in different directions, so it’s best to save down, up, and at different angles. This has definitely made a difference for me.
- Try out the new Dove Clear Tone Deodorant, honestly! I can feel how it has improved the smoothness of my underarms and am excited to see how my underarm skin changes with use. It’s kinda fun to think that my deodorant is making my skin healthier.
- My last tip, which has nothing to do with shaving, is to keep a spare stick of deodorant either in your desk at work or in your car. Trust me, you’ll thank me on those days you forget to put deodorant on!
- One last thing… enjoy your sexy armpits this summer! Dare to be bare and to show some skin!
What is your tip for having sexy and smooth skin? Do you have any shaving tips?
**As part of the DailyBuzz Healthy Living Program, I received free Clear Tone Deodorant and a stipend from Dove. However, my opinions are entirely my own! — Ashley
Filed under: Reviews
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!