Meet Baby Theodore

Neal and I are proud, excited, and thrilled to introduce the newest member of our family… Theodore!

Westie Puppy

A few weeks ago, Neal and I began looking at puppies.  We thought adding a dog to our family would work out best post holidays and figured looking now would help us to decide the type of dog we wanted.

Westie Puppy

For whatever reason, I’ve always wanted a Westie (West Highland Terrier), so when we learned a few weeks ago that a Westie puppy was coming in, we were thrilled.

Westie Puppy

The moment I met him, I started to cry.  I think it was at that point that Neal knew waiting until January wasn’t happening.  I fell in love with this little guy right away and was overjoyed at the thought of making him a part of our family.

Westie Puppy

Neal admits now, he knew he would be a perfect addition to our family and was thrilled we decided to bring him home.  We technically made Theodore a part of our family on Saturday but we brought him home tonight!

Westie Puppy

So why the name Theodore?  Well I’m slightly obsessed with Theodore Roosevelt and the Washington Nationals mascot Teddy.  Since naming a future child Theodore was out of the question, according to Neal, I figured it was the perfect name for our little Westie!

Westie Puppy

Theodore had a fantastic transition into our home and enjoyed walking around our neighborhood this evening!  He had so much fun that he knocked out the moment we put him in his crate… success!

Westie Puppy

Neal and I are so excited to have Theodore in our lives and look forward to lots of laughs, lots of walks, and plenty of love!

Comments

OMG. I love him. My parents have 2 westies, and I miss them so much. Ugh. just when I thought I had gotten over my puppy fever. Congratulations to you and Neal!

and if you ever need a puppy sitter…. you know who to call.

Yay- I can’t wait to meet him!!! He’s so tiny and cute! I love the photo of Neal holding him. :)
    I was THINKING that there was some kind of Nats reference with the name… and it definitely suits him!
    Congrats- get ready for a wild, wonderful ride!

3. Katy says

Awww, congrats on the new addition to your family!!! Theodore is adorable!! Enjoy all the fun you’re going to have!!

What. A. Cutie! My mom acutally just dug up some old photos from when we first brought home their Westie, Higgins. They are some of the cutest pups ever! I have been absolutely obsessing over the name Theo lately so great pick on the name!
    Maybe you’ve had Westies around before but one quick word of advice for you, socialize. My parents Westie is a very loyal dog, but with loyalty comes territorial. He has bitten a few people that have entered my parents home after knocking on the door. It’s mostly men (weird) & there seems to be no rhyme or reason to his misbehavior. Best we can assume is that he is protecting us from strangers. This is the case with the two other Westie owners they know. If we had to do it all over again we would practice with him at a very young age. On the upside, when he’s not biting, he’s a total sweetheart!! :)
    Have so much fun with your little furball. Those puppy moments just don’t last long enough!

Awwww he’s adorable!!! We can’t keep loose pets in our apartment, but my boyfriend and I have a guinea pig and we’re planning on getting another one on Sunday! I can’t wait until we can one day have bigger pets, but we love our little pigs a lot :)

6. Kelly says

How cute…

When we got our first furrbaby we found out we were having a real baby two weeks later. Now I understand the reference you made on Twitter about Visit Theodore :-)

Congrats!!!!