In August I…
August Goals Revisited
1. Get up with Neal at 6AM Monday-Friday and workout for 30-45 minutes (walk, run, bike, whatever). — Check, Check, Check! Neal and I worked out butts off, getting up almost every morning at 6AM to workout.
2. Take a gym class 2 times a week. This is aside from my Wednesday night tap dance class. — My August 1 back injury didn’t help with this goal. I went to tap, once, and took a few gym classes during the month (spin).
3. Create a meal plan and grocery list every week… and buy only what is on that grocery list. — Check, check! I made a list each week and stuck to it. It helped Neal and I in the end save money and stick to our meal plans.
4. Research meeting with a nutritionist. — Check! They are expensive! In the end, I decided that I didn’t want to spend the $400+ on meeting with a nutritionist.
5. Go to brunch. – Check! Founding Farmers for the win
6. Try one new thing. – CROSSFIT!! It kicked my butt and I loved it!
1. Finish my Scaleless Summer! Although I didn’t have a numerical goal for this year’s scaleless summer I secretly hope to be below 220 come September 21.
2. Increase daily workouts by 5 minutes each week (30 minutes week 1, 35 minutes week 2, 40 minutes week, and 45 minutes week 4).
3. Find a craft to work on (scrapbooking or knitting)
4. Attend 1 fall event like apple picking.
5. Try one new thing!!
6. Finalize my budget
I’m feeling good so far this month! In addition to the goals above I’m also working hard to limit my sweet intake (NO DESSERTS). 5 days in, I’m feeling pretty great. My workouts on the other hand are all over the place. I’m still reaching my Nike Fuel goal every day, thanks to Theo, but I haven’t spent a whole lot of time in the gym. Lots of walks and puppy play time and at home workout dvds.
My key focus for this month is to be sensible and to slimdown, keywords my friend Jessica instilled in my head. Together we are working hard to reach our goals and to have a Sensible September Slimdown!
What are your September goals?
Breakfast- 2 pieces of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with 2 egg whites
Lunch- 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread and a spicy veggie patty, grapes, and yogurt
Dinner- Grilled chicken and a side salad
Exercise – 3 puppy walks and lots of running to entertain him.
Filed under: Day to Day
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!