2012 Scaleless Summer Results

The day is finally here!  It’s time to weigh in and reveal my 2012 Scaleless Summer Results!  I’m pretty nervous but someone reminded me this weekend that I got married this summer, traveled across Europe for almost 3 weeks, and settled in as a newlywed. I did a lot this summer and went through a lot of transitions and am proud of the body I have today no matter what I weigh in at!

On the first day of summer I weighed in at 225.6 pounds.  Now my confession is, I did weigh myself pre-honeymoon and post-honeymoon, as Neal and I wanted to see if we would gain weight while in Europe as people said we would.

Neal and Ashley

On July 9, 2 days after our wedding, I weighed in at 227.2 pounds.  I am not surprised that I gained two pounds, I mean come on did you see the food we had at the wedding?

Ashley

After eating and walking our way across Europe, I weighed myself again on July 24 when we returned home.  Post honeymoon I weighed in at 229.8, 2.6 pounds higher than my pre-honeymoon weight.  Was I bummed I had gained 2.6 pounds, 4.6 pounds pounds since the start of the summer?? No way!  My wedding was a blast and we ate so much food while in Europe.  I was actually really happy to have only gained 2.6 on our honeymoon.  It was WELL worth it!

So here I stand sit, roughly 12 weeks after the first day of summer, drinking coffee in my autumn air chilled apartment ready to tackle the scale… drumroll please…

Jumpsport Trampoline Fitness

Today I weighed in at 220.2 pounds!  WOO HOO!  That’s 9.6 pounds lost since my honeymoon and 5 pounds lost since since the first day of summer!

June 11, 2012

July 9, 2012

July 24, 2012

September 24, 2012

225.2

227.2       (up 2 pounds)

229.8       (up 4.6 pounds)

220.2            (down 9.6 pounds)

Moving forward I would like to begin weighing myself weekly.  I love the freedom of doing a scaleless summer but I also think it’s important to know where you are each week and how what you’re eating is affecting your body.

I have a lot to think about over the next couple of weeks as I approach my 28th birthday and digest all that I learned this past weekend at Fitbloggin (check out my recaps for Day 1 and Day 2).

For now, I am going to keep doing what I’m doing:

-Eating more veggies (in my eggs, on my sandwiches, and for my dinners)

-Limiting sugar consumption (God bless my husband’s ability to eat ice cream every night but I am just not there.)

-Eating filling breakfasts, ones that keep me fulfilled until lunch time thus eliminating morning snacks.

-Drinking lots of water!

-Working out and pushing myself in my workouts!

-Training for the Runner’s World 10K race

It was a GREAT summer and I am really proud of my weight loss.  Here’s to getting into even better shape this fall!

Comments

Yayyyy!! Congrats! And you are so right….why should you be upset gaining a measly couple pounds after your honeymoon. You were on your honeymoon for gosh sakes!! You seem to have a great perspective and approach to weight loss in general…congrats again on the loss!

Way to go!! That’s so awsome! You did so well considering everything that you did this summer.
    You look great and you look like you weigh much less than 220.
    I’m not sure if I could ever go an entire summer without weighing myself, but it’s something I’d like to try in future.

Congratulations Ashley!!!!! I’ve been following along on your blog a while and never commented, but I can’t hold in my congratulations. :) You should be so proud, and it’s great that you’re already making plans to keep moving forward!

Reading blogs like yours has inspired me to start my own (yesterday… only two posts up! hehe). If you have a minute, feel free to stop by and say hello!!

4. Kelly says

awesome job Ashley!!! You really are an inspiration. There is no reason why people can’t lose weight when not counting calories or being obsessive over the scale. You have helped so many by sharing your story and what you have gone through. Thank you so much for sharing.

I am loving the glow which you are having as a honeymoon. I love that by letting go of the scale and just taking simple actions that they can make a long term result.

Thank you! This is so inspiring

Wow! Congratulations ashley. That’s amazing. I can’t believe how successful you’ve been with everything going on this summer. You’re awesome!!! Personally, I think you look great right now.

7. Andrea says

Congratulations Ashley! I have been a long time follower of your blog and really enjoy your posts.
    Congratulations again,
    Andrea(from New Zealand).

What a great idea- i love taking a break from being obsessed with the scale, especially around big events or travel. I agree that sometimes it’s worth splurging a little or not worrying about it while on vacation. There’s a time for discipline, and there’s a time to really enjoy life & make the most of every moment.

9. Danielle @elleyexposed says

Is it weird to say I’m proud of you? I mean, we just met… :)

I think we could call this one a major victory. Well done my friend.
    xoxo

I didn’t have a chance to meet you at FitBloggin. But I saw you. You moved and spoke with grace. You are an example to me…not of perfection….but of the effort, joy, pain, acceptance and struggle….all the good and the bad that this journey takes. Thank you for sharing your journey.

AHHHH I just squealed! haha I am sooo happy for you girl! Congratulations on that weight loss during SUCH a hectic time for you!!!! You are such an inspiration! Not to mention you are looking so fit! So so proud <3

12. Landon says

I just did my post-Europe weigh in… it is a scary thing, but I only gained 5lbs. I will take that for three weeks in Italy eating nothing but pasta and other various bread products. Keep up the good work!