I think this is the first birthday in which my age has actually hit me. Turning 28 is exciting but it also reminds me of how time flies, how precious life is, and how important it is to make the most of each day. I’m not sure if it’s hitting me more because I am now a wife or because (God willing) we’ll be having kids sooner than later.
At Fitbloggin a lot of women talked about their drive to lose weight being their kids. I’ve also read how much better pregnancies are when you go into them being in great shape. Of course anything can happen but I really want to use this next year to get into the best shape possible that way I’m prepared (to the best of my abilities) to have children. Mama Laughlin has also been a beautiful example of what it takes to get back into shape post pregnancy. Seeing the differences in her two pregnancies is amazing and and it has shown me that losing body fat before I get pregnant is extremely important.
So here we go… here are my 29 by 29 goals.
Health and Fitness
1. Love my body and who I am!
2. Determine what my health/weight loss goals are and find contentment
3. Live by the mantra “Food is Fuel”
4. Eat more fruits and vegetables (live the 25-25-50 rule: 25% carbs, 25% protein, 50% vegetables)
5. Limit sweets (social sweets only)
6. Create a weight lifting routine
7. Try out 2 new recipes a month
8. Continue to share my life and perspective on Coffee Cake and Cardio
9. Find a place to serve and volunteer
10. Cheer people on at a marathon
11. Truly forgive those who have hurt me in the past and move on
12. Finish my high school scrapbook
13. Learn how to knit hats
14. Read 4 books
15. Organize my recipes (gathered from magazines, friends, and family)
16. Tackle 4 craft projects (t-shirt necklace, t-shirt, coasters, wreath)
17. Treasure every moment with my family
Neal and I
18. Plan a date night once a month
19. Plan a birthday trip for Neal
20. Plan a 1 year anniversary trip
21. Watch the top 10 AFI movies
22. Hang paintings and photographs
23. Re-Organize my “important papers” and files
24. Organize Neal’s and my keepsakes and what not
25. Tackle 4 things off my DC to do list
26. Plan a cabin weekend
27. Plan a trip to Charlottesville, VA
28. Host a game night
29. Visit my brother in Vegas
Here’s to another great year!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!