Although it’s a grey morning, I couldn’t be happier that it’s Friday… and that Sandy is coming!
Before I talk about Miss Sandy though, Lauryn from Cupcakes & Kickboxing nominated me for a Liebster Award. A big thank you to Lauryn for thinking of Coffee Cake and Cardio!
Part of the nomination requires me to answer 11 questions about myself, so here y’all go.
1. What is your favorite candy? – Reese’s Pieces
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? – London, England
3. If you could make any food and drink calorie free what would they be? – A Milkshake
4. What’s your favorite holiday and why? – Christmas. My Mom always makes it (and just about every other holiday) special. I love having that time with my family. It’s priceless.
5. What was your favorite subject in school? – Creative Writing
6. How many siblings do you have? – I have 3 siblings, whom I adore!
7. What is your favorite WARM drink? – Steamed milk with cinnamon and vanilla bean… classic!
8. What is your MUST have fall accessory? – A Hoodie. I wish I could live in a hoodie.
9. What is one thing you are really bad at? – Playing an instrument. I have tried, I swear.
10. Name two things you want to do in the next year – Knock things off my DC list and lose weight
11. Pepsi or Coke? – If it’s a real soda (which I never have), Cherry Pepsi. If it’s diet, Cherry Coke.
So Miss Sandy… As I shared a little over a year ago, I LOVE weather. I always wanted to be a meteorologist and although I didn’t become one, I follow weather pretty closely. I know that a hurricane is no joke, but I must admit that I’m excited about Frankenstorm!
Hurricane Supply List
- Flashlights and/or batteries for your flashlights
- 2-3 gallons of water
- Non perishable healthy snack foods
- Fresh fruit
- Board games! These will save your life if you’re anything like me. I get so incredibly bored when the power goes out.
- Battery operated radio
- And according to my Mom, peanut butter!!
To Do List
- Have a little cash on hand
- Fill your gas tank
- Move your car way from any trees!! Trust me, this is really important.
- Make sure all of your electronics are charged!! Cell phones, laptop, portable DVD player, camera, etc.
- Put important documents into a waterproof bag or container in case of flooding
My plan for this weekend is to make the most of Saturday. Get out of the house, take the puppy for a few walks, run errands, etc. Then on Sunday when the storm hits I can work on things in the house and enjoy Sunday football (electricity permitting).
Things you can do at home
- Clean out pantry
- Clean out toiletries
- Throw out old magazines
- Organize closets, collecting clothes you no longer wear to donate
- Windex the windows
- Dust, vacuum, clean the bathrooms/kitchen, etc.
I hope to make the most of this Frankenstorm and I hope everyone stays safe this weekend! Happy Friday y’all!