Weigh-In Week 9

Buh Humbug!

That’s how I felt this morning when I stepped on the scale.  Was I blindsided by my weigh in?  No, but it still hurts to see the number on the scale go up from last week.

Starting Weight: 234.6 lbs
Last Weigh-in: 222.4 lbs
This Weigh-in: 224.6 lbs
Difference: +2.2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: -10.0 lbs

Weight Watchers Week 9 Weigh In

I attribute the gain to a few things:

• Not tracking my points every day
  • Eating too much puppy chow (muddy buddy) Sunday night
  • Way too many office cookies over the course of the week (3 Monday and 4 Tuesday)

Things I did right:

• I tracked 4 out of my 7 days
  • I worked out 5 times this week
  • I turned down sweets every day after Tuesday

This morning I woke up bright and early to start off week 10 on the right foot.

Early Morning Workout

I worked out on the Arc Trainer for 30 minutes and then spent 20 minutes doing abs and stretching.

Reebok SmoothFlex Run

For breakfast I had 2 eggs and 1 Morningstar veggie sausage patty, as well as a large cup of coffee.

As I’ve said before, the next two weeks are going to be difficult.  They just are.  I would love to lose weight during that time but the reality is, it might not happen.  Instead, my goal is to stay focused on my goal, to make wise choices, and to not allow myself to get out of control as tempting foods come my way.

I also want to remember the list I made 2 weeks ago about what’s keeping me at my current weight.  These things not only keep me at my current weight but they can also cause weight gain.

I know that over the next two weeks eating when I’m not hungry will have to be controlled along with sweets and desserts.

Week 9 wasn’t my finest, but I want to stay positive and to remember that it is in fact the holiday season.

What is your goal over the next two weeks?

Comments

1. Katy says

You can do it girlfriend – stay strong!!! Having your sister by your side and both of you motivated to stay healthy together and not overdue it with tempting foods will totally help you stay positive!!!!!!!

I think you’re doing a great job. Losing weight isn’t a one-time battle, it’s a war with wins and losses along the way. You can’t avoid every cookie that crosses your path, but when you’re working out and focusing on eating healthy in general, results will come with time. Great job!

Imagine how much more you could have gained had you not worked out for 5 days and eaten more cookies! This is such a hard time to loose weight and I give you major thumbs up for trying!

4. Taylor says

New reader here! :)
    As a former WW member, I totally understand how crummy it feels to step on the scale and see a gain. However, you shouldn’t beat yourself up over it! You worked out FIVE DAYS in the past week! That is awesome! And you are concious of what you can do differently to lose weight in the future.
    Also, I have recently (as in yesterday, I believe) come to terms with the fact that losing weight in the next 2 weeks or so just isn’t reasonable. My new goal is to maintain! I can feel my motivation slipping, but I really just want to focus on not adding to the number that I’m going to want to lose in 2013 ;)

Don’t give up on your goal just because there are a lot of food temptations coming your way in the next 2 weeks. Move as much as possible, drink tons of water, track, and allow yourself to enjoy a little dessert.

Most of all, enjoy the holidays. You got this!

6. Jennifer says

I recently stumbled upon your blog and added it to my google reader feed. I just wanted to let you know that I look forward to your updates and really appreciate your honesty and discipline. I’m about to embark upon a weight loss journey and your blog is a real source of inspiration and encouragement. Thanks for sharing your own journey and best wishes!

That makes me so incredibly happy Jennifer!! I am excited about your weight loss journey. My advice is to focus on yourself, be honest with yourself, and to not lose hope!