It’s that time of year! The time of year when we look to our futures and establish goals and resolutions for 2013.
So how many of you want to get into better shape this year? How many of you want to lose weight? How many of you want to tackle something you haven’t been able to tackle before?
Well this can be your year!! This will be my year!!
Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start, so I wanted to share some of my favorite fitness programs to give you a few workout ideas for 2013. It you already love fitness, think of new ways to challenge yourself. If you’re bored with your fitness, use this year to try out something new. And if you’re new to fitness, look at this as a chance to challenge yourself and to prove to yourself that you can do it!
Must Try Workouts
1. Crossfit – Crossfit is a strength and conditioning program which utilizes weight lifting, running, and plyometrics as its core. Through a Workout of the Day (WOD) your body will be challenged and pushed to a new fitness level. Crossfit is truly for anyone! Every workout and move can be modified to meet your needs.
2. Jump Sport – Jump Sport is a fitness trampoline that will give you one killer workout! Don’t let it fool you, this tool can open up doors to do a number of at home workouts including tabatas, aerobic routines/videos, and strength training.
3. Adult dance classes – Depending on where you live, your local dance studio may offer a number of adult dance classes. Classes like ballet, tap, and hip-hop can challenge your body and muscles in a whole new way. If you’re looking for something to spice up/change up your routine, look no further than an adult dance class!
At Home Workouts
1. Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution – This 90 day program (12 weeks) will help you to reach a whole new fitness level. Week 1 will ease you into the Body Revolution program with the following weeks building upon one another as your body continues to strengthen! The program also includes a nutrition program, making it a complete fitness program to kick off 2013.
2. Power 90 – We hear so much about P90X but I think there’s a lot to be said about Power 90. This at home DVD program includes 2 cardio dvds, 2 circuit dvds, and 2 abs routines! The instructor, Tony Horton is motivating (and a little goofy) and helps make the workouts go by quickly.
1. Running! — This can be one of the most rewarding workouts but it can also be one of the most challenging workouts. If you’ve never run before, remember that you do not need to start with running 3 miles a day. Start with walking for 10 minutes, running for 5, and then walking for 10 minutes. Using intervals will help you to build up your strength and endurance. In time, you will be running longer, further, and faster!!
2. Tabata – This timed workout has to pick 8 exercises which you will perform for 20 seconds, resting for 10 seconds, and then repeating 7 more times before moving onto the next exercise. You can create so many different workouts and all you need is a timer.
If you want, you can buy this Tabata Pro app to help you with the timing.
If you’re looking for a few more ideas, look no further than the comments posted on the Reebok SmoothFlex Giveaway post. It is SO encouraging to see the workouts people are doing or are planning to do in 2013. If you need some ideas, there are hundreds of ideas within those comments!
Congratulations to Nikki for winning the Reebok SmoothFlex giveaway!
Nikki said, “After having my 3rd child in just over 4 years, I’m joining a gym for the first time ever! The weight isn’t just falling off like it did with the first two. I’d love to sport those shoes.”
A HUGE thank you to all who entered the giveaway. Reebok SmoothFlex Run shoes can be purchased online and if you purchase before December 31, Reebok has a $20 discount on purchases over $100 with the discount code RBK20.
Filed under: Motivation
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!