I love new year’s day! I love the fresh start and the thought of all that the upcoming 365 days has to hold.
Today I started 2013 with a healthy breakfast. To start I cooked some mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers in a little olive oil.
After the vegetables were cooked through I added 1 egg and 3 egg whites to the pan. The scrambled eggs were so filling and a great way to kick off the new year.
A few hours later Neal and I headed out for a 2 mile run around my parents neighborhood. A short run, but it felt great to get outside and burn some calories.
For a post run snack I juiced up some apples, oranges, pineapple, and carrots in the Breville.
Juicing is definitely something I’ve enjoyed these past few weeks and it’s something I want to continue in 2013.
The way I’ve started today is exactly how I want to live each day in 2013. In order to achieve my 2013 new year’s resolutions I’ve got to be consistent. My motto for 2013 is CONSISTENCY.
2013 New Year’s Resolutions
- Be consistent!
- Continue to work on my 29 by 29 goals
- Save money
- Be consistent in my quest to lose weight (I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get below 200 this year).
- Take my fitness to a new level through football, Crossfit, and running
- Be spontaneous, seeing more of DC and planning trips with Neal
- Enjoy moments by myself; reading more, sipping tea more, and going for walks more
- Increase my use and knowledge of various technologies