I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I think a lot of it has to do with last night’s football practice, which left me with sore muscles and not a whole lot of recovery time between it and the work day. On the other hand though, I think I’m frustrated with my diet… but let me explain.
After my gain from the holidays and not losing any weight last week I realized that I needed to be as strict as possible in order to create healthier habits and to detox myself from all the bread and sugar.
I am still doing Weight Watchers but have switched back to what has worked for me, the CORE (aka new Simply Filling) plan. On the CORE plan you eat the following foods, in moderation, focusing on listening to your body’s signals.
- Lean Meats
- Low-Fat or Fat Free Dairy (they want FF but I tend to use more low-fat)
- Whole Wheat Pasta, Brown Rice, Whole Grains, or Potatoes (once a day)
- A few other odds and ends like soup, jello, and beverages
This program has worked so well for me in the past and has always left me feeling amazing. The downside though is the detox that occurs in the first few weeks. It is really hard to give up breads, processed foods, and all the added sugar, which is one reason I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
So although I’m moody, feel like my food options are limited, and am incredibly tired, I have a plan in place, plenty of workouts to do, and a goal in mind. The only thing missing though was some friendly competition… Enter DietBet!
I’ve heard a lot about DietBet over the past few months and was incredibly excited when FitFluential announced their own bet starting on January 21. The timing couldn’t have been better!
So, how does DietBet work?
1. You join the FitFluential DietBet
2. Two days before the game starts you weigh-in (please note that you do have to take a photo of the scale as proof that it’s YOU weighing in and not somebody else- your photos are NOT posted online and are not shared with anyone)
3. Lose, lose, lose!! Days 1-28 you focus on your goal, your plan, and your drive to win this bet!
4. One to two days after the game ends you weigh-out (no photos needed unless you are the winner)
5. 48 hours after the game ends, the results are made official and winners are notified by email of their payout, which is credited to their Dietbet account. You can apply your winnings to your next Dietbet or cash out now via Paypal