What Y’all Had To Say

Helllllo!!! I am alive and well!  Neal and I are moving apartments this weekend so we’ve been busy busy!  Our official move out day is Monday but our complex gave us our keys Saturday afternoon so we have taken advantage of the extra day and a half.

starbucks before moving

The move has been going really well (easiest we’ve ever had together actually).  I know most people hate moving, but I actually enjoy it.  It’s a fresh start and a great way to get rid of things you’re not using.

One thing y’all may not know about me is that I have moved 15 times (19 if you include apartment moves) in the past 28 years.  As an Air Force brat, I moved just about every 2 years growing up and have continued the habit/routine ever since.  Let me give you a little run down of my moves by state..

1. Texas
  2. Florida
  3. Virginia
  4. Florida
  5. Germany
  6. Rhode Island
  7. Texas
  8. Alabama
  9. Virginia
  10. Mississippi
  11. Texas
  12. Virginia
  13. Vermont
  14. Virginia (moved to 4 different apartments 6 year span)
  15. Maryland (this is our second apartment move in MD in 6 months)

After all those moves, the routine of moving just comes natural to me.  You have to organize at every stage and just realize that everything must be moved, so just do it.  Sometimes creating a plan can take up more time than just doing it.  Hopefully the next time we move we’ll be moving into something like this…

House with stone face

So a couple of weeks ago I asked y’all to fill out a survey as a way for me to see what topics you enjoy reading the most.  The survey confirmed a few things for me while also opening my eyes to topics y’all would like to read more about.

Here’s a little of what y’all had to say…

Question 1 – What do you enjoy reading about the most on Coffee Cake and Cardio?

• 46% – Weight Loss
  • 17% – Exercise
  • 15% – Ashley’s Goals

Question 2 – How often do you want to hear about these topics?

• 58% – Want me to share more about weight loss
  • 51% – Want me to keep recipe posts the same
  • 47% – Want me to share more recipes

Question 4 – Would you like to see video blogs (vlogs) on Coffee Cake and Cardio?

• 50% – Yes
  • 50% – No

Question 5 – Would you like to see a daily food diary on Coffee Cake and Cardio?

• 69% – Yes

The open responses were also extremely helpful and I appreciate y’all taking the time to list out things you’d like to hear more about.  A few of the requests were actually things on my radar, so that was great to see.

Again, thank you to those who filled out the survey and congratulations to Sara T. for winning the giveaway.

How many times have you moved?  If you could move anywhere, where would you move?

Comments

Wow you’ve moved a lot! I’ve moved… 11 times? We’re moving in February too! I’f love to hear your tips for organization. I love a good moving post.

New follower here, found you from the Old Navy FB page!! Congrats on your weight loss, you’re totally inspiring to me.

I’ve only moved twice (once as a kid, once away to college). I can’t imagine moving that many times as a kid! That must have been crazy to experience new schools and make new friends with every move. Good luck with the rest of your move.

3. tara says

Once out of school I moved 5 times in 6 years. My Mlan goal In Life was to buy a house. Thankfully, we found a great house and have been here tor 14 years!

My wife grew up in a Navy family and like you moved every 2 years. Actually, there are 5 kids in the family and each one was born in a different state.

I’ve only moved about 6 times in my life but I would go back to Indianapolis if I had the opportunity. Nice people, cost of living is reasonable – and I had a lot of fun!

Good luck with this move.

Chris

5. Lisa says

Your move list makes me smile. I probably have the first 11 addresses jotted down and crossed off on my Christmas Card list! My friendship with your Mom goes back a very long way. Love your blog.

Girl! That is so much moving!!
    I dread moving now haha…
    I have moved a total of 6 times in my whole life. When i was 8 we moved houses, then moved out of my parents house into my very own first 1 bedroom apartment, then moved into my boyfriends house, then we moved to a duplex together, and then we had our huge move from Alaska to North Carolina in 2011, and then we moved from our first apartment in NC to a different once in July (but within the same apartment complex!) and i seriously hope we dont move again until we buy a house hopefully in the next couple years!! :)

I moved six times with my family as a child (all in the same town, so no switching schools). When I got married we moved three times. We finally have our own house and probably won’t move again until we build our dream house.

Whoa! That’s a lot of moves. My family has been in the same house since before I was born. On my own, I’ve moved around in the Midwest, to the Dominican Republic for 3 years, and now CO for almost 2.

That’s a lot of moving! I had no idea that you used to live in RI!! That’s where I live :) What city were you in? I’ve actually moved eight times in the past three and a half years! It was intense, haha.