Future Travels

I truly love to travel, always have. There’s just something about taking time off, packing a bag, and living a different life for a couple of days.

Over the past two years Neal and I have done our fair share of traveling.  Though a number of little trips, minus our European honeymoon, it’s fun to look back on all of the places we have been.

2012

San Antonio, Texas December 2012: Christmas vacation

Grinnell, Iowa November 2012: Thanksgiving and old stomping grounds

Boston, Massachusetts November 2012: Reebok Headquarters and Dinner with Old Friend

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania October 2012: Runners World Headquarters and Race Weekend

Baltimore, Maryland September 2012: Fitbloggin

Munich, Germany July 2012

Salzburg, Austria July 2012

Prague, Czech Republic July 2012

Berlin, Germany July 2012: Honeymoon Day 8

Wolsfeld, Germany July 2012: Honeymoon Days 3-7

Rozendaal, Netherlands July 2012

Amsterdam Netherlands July 2012: Honeymoon Days 1-3

Indianapolis, Indiana June 2012: NCAA Conference

Cleveland, Ohio April 2012: Road Trip

Bridesmaid weekend in West Virginia March 2012: (Thursday, Friday, Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night, Sunday)

San Antonio March 2012: Travel, Bridal Shower

San Antonio February 2012: Cystic Fibrosis Tower Climb

Boston, Massachusetts January 2012: Girls Weekend

Casanova, Virginia January 2012: Day 1, Day 2

2011

Canton, Ohio December 2011: Pro Football Hall of Fame

New York City, New York November 2011: Day Trip!

San Antonio, Texas November 2011: Fake Thanksgiving

Cleveland, Ohio September 2011: Weekend Getaway

Iowa City, Iowa September 2011: Tour of Campus, Iowa Football Game

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania August 2011: Recap

Las Vegas, Nevada August 2011: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3

West Palm Beach, Florida: July 2011

Key West, Florida July 2011: Day 1, Day 2, Throwdown

San Antonio, Texas June 2011: Prep, Day 1, Day 2, Returning Home

Deep Creek Lake May 2011: Day 1, Day 2-3

I’m really itching to set up some trips for 2013.  With playing football, my ability to travel from April-July is squashed but we will be traveling to Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Boston during the season.

A part of me wants to be impulsive and travel somewhere this February, but that just may not happen.  Maybe a staycation is in order or a short road trip of some sorts.  Any recommendations from people who live in the DC area?  Bed and Breakfast? Spa? Resort? City/Town to visit?

After football season ends the world is our oyster!  Here’s what I’m drooling over…

St. Thomas

St. Thomas

British Virgin Islands

British Virgin Islands

Portland, Oregon

Portland Oregan

Seattle, Washington

Seattle Washington

I’m thinking something within the US like the Pacific NW after football season ends and then something tropical in December 2013.

Where would you like to travel this year?  Any recommendations for Neal and me?

Comments

I love visiting Williamsburg, VA. It’s about 3 hours from DC and it’s just so quaint- tons of history, great food, etc. Richmond is a great weekend trip too :)

Or check out some vineyards in VA, there are SO many but I love the ones near Orange, VA. about 2 hours from the city.

My boyfriend and I are thinking of going to NYC for the third time cuz we just love it. We were also invited to two destintation weddings this winter in Jamaica and Dominican Republic but those likely won’t happen. We’re hoping to go to Costa Rica next winter to see my aunt and uncle which would be amazing.
    We couldn’t travel last summer so we went to a bed and breakfast for two nights.. it was a gorgeous place on the lake with a hot tub and all kinds of water activities, it was great and affordable :)

Hi Ashley,

FitBloggin is in Portland this year, so maybe that will work into your NW plans. I’m getting ready to move to Seattle. Stephen and I just returned last night from our house hunting trip. He moves in two weeks and the kids and I will follow in the spring time. So, if you make it out that way, it would be great to see you, give you a tour, offer you a place to crash etc.

4. Angela says

I live in Portland and love the Pacific Northwest! You can even take a day or overnight trip to Seattle if you come out this way! I highly recommend it :)

I’ve had the good fortune to travel to Hawaii for work every year for the first six years I was here. Sadly, due to the economy, I haven’t got to go the last three Januarys. SO to remedy that, Hubs and I are off to Puerto Rico in two weeks. CANNOT WAIT! Plus, I don’t have to work AT ALL! WIN!

We were contemplating a road trip through the PACNOWEST last year and then everyone we knew got engaged and married so we put that trip on hold.

My boss just got back yesterday from BVI and LOVES it down there.

So jealous of all the traveling you do! That’s fantastic! You should take a trip to Seattle… I’m thinking of going to grad school there and want to know what it’s like! :D

7. Kristen says

St Thomas is beautiful…have you considered a cruise? There are cruises to Bermuda from NYC– I think buses are still reasonable between DC and NYC. Tortola (BVI) is super for snorkeling.

If you want to do something active, just outside of Charlotte, NC (8 hrs south) has a white water park that is getting well known.

8. Becky says

Charlottesville is a good option for a nearby vacation. Lots of wineries, quaint downtown area. And NY is always an awesome visit too- I stayed at a place in Chelsea that was not expensive at all, if you don’t mind sharing a bathroom in the hallway with a few other rooms. And if you need someone to get you to an island, you know who to call. ;-)

I just left a comment on another blog that I must be doing something wrong. I don’t know how people around my age can afford all these trips they’re taking!! I’ve only been on like 2 big trips my whole life, which my parents took me on. Am I doing something wrong?? Lol…maybe it’s because I’m single and have one measly income. :(

Hey Heather! What’s helped us is to travel to places where we know people. It costs a little less. For big, big trips we just put money away for those trips. $50 here and $25 there. It all adds up.

Wow, you’ve been a lot of places this year! I can’t wait until my boyfriend and I can go on some trips together. Last year, we went on a cruise with my parents, but we haven’t been anywhere since.