Last night while on Facebook I came across a photo of a person I knew back in college. I was rather taken aback when I first saw the photo because the person looked so different from when I last saw them.
Back in college I idolized this person because they had lost 70+ pounds on Weight Watchers and maintained that weight loss for years. The photo yesterday made me cry because they had gained back all of the weight, if not more. Now please note, I do not know the person’s story or what caused the weight gain but it shook me. It made me realize that it is a constant battle. We can never really put our hands up and say we’ve won this battle.
I haven’t gotten down to a weight I can be happy with just yet but seeing the photos yesterday reaffirmed that I want to change my life, my routine, and my habits… not just lose weight.
In January I…
January 2013 Goals Revisted
I didn’t create specific goals for the month of January but here’s a look at my first month after setting 2013 resolutions as I created New Years goals…
1. Be consistent! — I haven’t found my diet groove yet, but I’m working on it. I’ve gotten some amazing advice from a professional in the health and fitness industry and am eager to implement his recommendations. On the flip side, I have been very consistent with my workouts.
2. Continue to work on my 29 by 29 goals — Womp Womp! Moving apartments took over my extra time this month. I need to get working on this list again.
3. Save money — We did a great job this month!!
4. Be consistent in my quest to lose weight — I’ve lost weight since Christmas, yay, but I definitely want to consistently be losing.
5. Take my fitness to a new level through football, Crossfit, and running — I’ve rocked the house with this one. Football is so intense and pushes me way outside my comfort zone.
6. Be spontaneous, seeing more of DC and planning trips with Neal — I can’t say we were all that spontaneous this month but we have a few things up our sleeves.
7. Enjoy moments by myself; reading more, sipping tea more, and going for walks more — It may sound weird but I’ve really enjoyed my drives to football practice. It has been a great chance for me to rest, reflect, and to jam out to my favorite songs.
8. Increase my use and knowledge of various technologies – This month I started a Vine account and have been working hard to become bestie’s with out iMac.
February 2013 Goals
1. Be consistent with my diet
2. Workout 5 days a week, 3 football practices and 2 non-football workouts (weight lifting, tabata, and at home dvd or online workouts)
3. Spend some time each morning meditating
4. Plan a staycation
5. Catch up with old friends
6. Update a few things on Coffee Cake and Cardio
Overall I just want to be consistent this month. It’s going to be a busy month but I want to make the most of it as it is the shortest month of the year. I feel great about my February 2013 goals!
What is one of your goals for the month of February?
Filed under: Motivation
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!