One thing I love about Washington, DC are all of the opportunities that exist not only in DC but in the surrounding area. Whether it’s festivals, concerts, sporting events, or races, there is so much to see and do here.
As the warmer months approach, race season begins to bloom!
I’ve been fortunate enough to run a number of races in the DC area but am always itching for more! This year I’ve been eyeballing a few races including the Run for the Dream race in Williamsburg, Virginia June 1 and 2!
Williamsburg, VA is such a historic city and is full of things to do. Whether you’re visiting the historical sites, Bush Gardens, or shopping on main street, Williamsburg is a must see! To find out that a 8K and half marathon are being run there just sounded too good to be true.
A few race weekend specifics
- The Run for the Dream benefits An Achievable Dream and Wounded Warrior Programs!!!
- 8K, Half Marathon, or the Patriots Challenge!! Runners who run both the 8K and the Half will get three medals and will be named a Patriot
- Race expo
- Runners will receive a souvenir shirt, upgraded finishers’ medals and a “goodie” bag
- Post-race bash with music, BBQ, beer, and soda
- he first 3,000 registrants receive a free $70 ticket and $15 food voucher for Busch Gardens as well as a $40 pass to Colonial Williamsburg
So who wants to win TWO race registrations (one for you and one for a friend or loved one)??
This giveaway is now CLOSED!
CONGRATULATIONS to Elizabeth on winning the giveaway! Elizabeth said “I have been searching and searching for my first half marathon to run, and this is absolutely perfect! I just moved to the DC area with my husband and I would love to be able to run this with him! Thanks so much for having this giveaway! I love reading your blog, it’s so informative and inspirational”
Thank you to all who entered! Remember that Coffee Cake and Cardio readers can also take $5 off the 8K, $10 off the Half Marathon and $15 off the Patriot’s Challenge on their registration. Use discount code BLOG2013, which is valid for civilian pricing only and expires on May 1st, 2013.
Filed under: Reviews
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!