This is one of my favorite recipes and I wanted to re share it with you all! The panzanella recipe is originally from Ina Garten and I added one of my favorite things… salmon! Enjoy!
Baked Salmon Panzanella Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 load of French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cucumber sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
- 20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit. Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Place raw salmon on a foil lined pan. Season with salt, pepper, and the juice from one lemon. Place salmon in 450 degree oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
While the salmon bakes, make the vinaigrette for the salad. For the vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients together.
In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers.
Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavors to blend.
Remove salmon from oven after 12-15 minutes and allow to cool before platting.
Serve 1 – 1 1/2 cups of panzanella
and top with piece of baked salmon
Dinner is served!!
Filed under: Cooking
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!