Despite the fact that summer runs from June 21 – September 21 this year, I can’t help but feel like the summer is slipping away with the arrival of August. Despite what the calendar says, I think most of us in the United States view the seasons as such…
June, July, August – Summer
September, October, November – Fall
December, January, February – Winter
March, April, May – Spring
Back in June I created a summer to do list and felt like now was a good time to revisit it…
1. Watch one outdoor movie – Watched Life of Pi
4. Watch a classic film at home – Watched The Godfather
7. Read one non self help/weight loss book – Currently reading! Sadly it takes me forever…
8. See Monsters University – SUCH a cute movie!
10. Lay out by the pool all day – I have spent many hours by the pool this summer!
14. Go to a Nationals game – Celebrated the 4th of July at Nationals Park!
17. Create a running plan for late summer/early fall – Created and well under way!
Still To Do
2. Eat at Ben’s Chili Bowl
3. Hike Old Rag
5. Visit Great Falls
6. Go technology free for 24 hours
9. Visit Harpers Ferry
11. Use my bread machine
12. Eat Ethiopian food
13. Try out a new sangria recipe
15. Visit the National Arboretum
16. Have drinks with friends at a roof top bar
18. Organize my photos on a rainy day
20. Take Neal to Baked and Wired
I’ve still got a lot I want to do but there are a lot of fun things left on the list! I have a feeling I’ll group some of them together and I have a feeling some, like hiking Old Rag, may have to wait until the fall when it’s cooler.
This weekend I have a lot on my to do list that I’m really looking forward to…
- Dinner tonight with friends
- 4 mile run with Neal in Virginia Saturday morning
- Crab Fest Saturday night
- Brunch with friends Sunday
- Manicure and pedicure at some point! MUST do this!
And from my to do list… I’m thinking bread machine!
What are y’all up to this weekend?
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!