These past few months I’ve been working hard to get back on track and to start losing weight again. This past summer, with the help of a nutritionist, I faced my binge eating habits face on and made a decision to approach my weight loss in a healthier manner. Since then I’ve focused on eating enough calories for my body, enjoying my workouts, and living it out!
In August I took on AdvoCare’s 24 Day Challenge, which was really the catalyst that got me back on track. I cleansed, refueled, and lost 12 inches in 24 Days! After traveling to Iowa twice in September, I got back to basics and began creating weekly plans. These past three weeks I’ve used my Mondays to plan out my meals, organize my workouts, and focus myself for the week ahead.
In addition, I started a new series called “How’d I Do Friday” in which I reflect on my eats and my workouts from the previous 7 days. Reflecting on how I’ve done has helped me to remain focused and to create goals for the upcoming week.
I started this year weighing more (235.2) or less (226.8) what I’ve weighed all year and I’m determined to close out 2013 feeling better than it began. As I move into October, just 92 days from January 1, 2014, I am determined to feel better, to lose body fat, to get into even better shape, and to start 2014 where I want to be!
Here’s what I’m doing to lose weight and to get into better shape…
1. Creating a weekly meal and workout plan
2. Eating a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and complex carbs
3. Limiting dairy and processed foods (I tend to overdo it with these and they can be triggers)
4. Drinking lots of water
5. Taking my AdvoCare supplements daily (MNS, Catalyst, and Spark)
6. Working out 4-6 times a week (currently training for the Army 10 Miler, looking to increase my weight lifting)
7. Reflecting on my week through the “How’d I Do Friday” posts
8. Weighing myself once a week on Friday mornings and taking my measurements once a month
With my goals established and my healthy habits rekindled, I am motivated to look and feel great for the start of 2014! 92 days is a long time, and although this time of year always seems to fly by, it can make a huge impact on yours and my life! So don’t throw in the towel for 2013, get on track today and see what you can achieve by 2014.
What do you want to achieve before 2014?
Filed under: Weight Loss
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!