Last week, I applied to be a part of the Get Well Challenge through Dawson’s Market. The challenge, open to 40 people, runs from November 4, 2013 until January 31, 2014 here in the DC area. The ultimate goal of the challenge is to give 40 people the resources needed to navigate through the holidays and to achieve the goals they set for themselves.
Well I am thrilled to share, I will be participating in the challenge this winter and couldn’t be more excited! I’m really looking forward to meeting the other participants next week, to working out at all of the amazing facilities we’re being given access to, and to be held accountable.
I’ll find out more about the challenge on Monday, but based on what I know, I’m planning to…
1. Continue my weightlifting and running plan, integrating in Yoga, Crossfit, Pilates, Barre, and Bootcamp into my routine.
2. Decrease my sugar and carb intake with the help of the 21 Day Sugar Detox book. I am not going sugar or carb free by any means, but I want to drastically decrease my sugar and carb intake from where it is right now. I still intend on enjoying a sweet treat or a complex carb here and there.
3. Continue to take my AdvoCare supplements (Spark, MNS, Rehydrate, Arginine Extreme, and BioCharge).
4. Weigh in weekly, sharing my results every Friday in my “How’d I Do Friday” post.
5. Enjoy the holiday season and start of 2014.
I’m a little nervous but thrilled to have been picked to be a part of this challenge through Dawson’s Market. I love the support they are providing us and really look forward to sharing my success with y’all each week.