Yesterday was a pretty yucky day here in the DC area. After three days of rain, I think we were all hoping the scattered showers Saturday morning would be pretty scattered, but it poured here most of the morning.
Our original plan was to head over to Virginia for the Art on the Avenue festival (my favorite), but we decided to stay put because it was so yucky here. Magnolia and I spent most of the morning in our PJ’s. I snuggled up next to Magnolia while she watched Curious George and I drank some coffee before we played with her toys. It was a nice morning, but we were excited to get outside after Magnolia’s nap when the rain stopped, especially after Iowa loss (womp womp).
Once home, we headed over to Giant to pick up a few groceries. I had a couple of potatoes on hand and wanted to use up some chicken breast we had from last week. I picked up an onion, some celery, and a tub of blue cheese and threw together some delicious buffalo chicken stuff baked potatoes.
I started by placing 2 russet potatoes in a 425 degree oven for 1 hour (prick potatoes with fork and place on a baking sheet). After about 30 minutes, I sauted 1 onion (diced) and 3 stalks of celery (diced) in 1/2 tbsp of NOW Foods Butter Flavor Coconut Oil.
While the veggies sauteed I shredded 1 cooked chicken breast. The chicken breast was boiled for for 15-20 minutes earlier in the week and stored in a ziploc container. I then added 1/4 cup of Frank’s RedHot sauce to the shredded chicken breast and added the mixture to the veggies. I allowed the mixture to cook on low for about 10 minutes until the potatoes were done.
After removing the potatoes from the oven, I cut them in half and topped them with 1/2 of the chicken and veggie mixture. I then added raw diced celery and blue cheese crumbles to the top of the potatoes.
The potatoes were so easy to make, absolutely delicious, and incredibly filling! My potato ended up being 13sp (1 medium potato 4sp, 4oz chicken 3sp, Franks RedHot Sauce 0sp, coconut oil 2sp, and blue cheese 4sp).
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 5 stalks of celery diced (reserve 2 stalks for toppings)
- 1 boiled chicken breast (shredded)
- ¼ cup Franks RedHot Sauce
- 2 potatoes (white potato or sweet potato)
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and prick with a fork
- Bake at 425 degrees for 60 minutes or until tender
- Saute the onion and 3 stalks of diced celery in coconut oil until tender
- Boil chicken breast in water for 15-20 minute and then shred chicken
- Add shredded chicken to the veggies and add in ¼ cup of Franks RedHot Sauce
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, split down the middle, and top with the chicken and veggie mixture
- Top with celery and blue cheese crumbles
Today I made a similar dish with sweet potatoes, but instead of shredding the chicken, I diced the chicken. It was equally delicious!